Professional Development and Community Engagement, for Educators
PDCE delivers off-campus and online professional development programs, both domestic and international, for UBC’s Faculty of Education. Programs and courses are designed to be flexible and to meet the needs of working professionals, by:
- Offering regionally delivered and online options:
- Encouraging the innovative use of learning technologies
- Supporting international students in, and visitors to, the Faculty of Education
- Facilitating international initiatives and programs overseas
- Dedicating itself to providing full and equal access to programs and services for all students. Read about the accessibility features of our online courses.
Meeting the Needs of School Districts
PDCE is committed to meeting the needs of school districts. If you would like to see a program offered in your district, contact Mark Edwards at 604-822-1974 to discuss.
Educational Technology Support
The mission of the Educational Technology Support (ETS) unit is to support the design, development, and deployment of innovative teaching practices in the Faculty of Education.
ETS offers supports and services within three broad areas: curriculum and instructional design, professional development for faculty and staff, and learning technologies.